The company designs and produces all electromechanical works for the hydropower sector and particularly the intake works and aqueducts.
This implies a wide range of hydro mechanical equipment, such as:
Steel Pipes transports the water from the intake to the Machine-House, particularly to the turbines.
The company can perform the following types of steel pipes:
- Steel tubes up to 5 meters diameter and Wall thickness up to 40 mm – with hydraulic calender
- SSAW tubes from 600mm to 3000mm Diameter, with the maximum wall thickness of 20 mm, 12 meters longitude- with an automatic process, in a variable time from 50 minutes to 2 hours maximum.
Depending on the size and type of use of these gates, the product could have different shapes, such as: flat to slip, wagon (wheeled, box, radial, disc, etc.) and could have different types of “set in motion” (manual with electric motor, hydraulic piston / pneumatics, bike chain with reducers, fixed or movable counterweight, own weight gravity).
The dimensions can vary from 1.00m x 1.00m to 20m x 20m ; and plus, water-bearing from 0 to 10 mca for spillway radial gates and stoplogs. Our highly specialized engineering team and technology, give us the possibility to allow any kind of projects worldwide.
Generally our seals profiles are type “omega”, but it can be tailor made with other specs . The materials used for these products are: rubber, EPDM or neoprene, coated or less than a film of Teflon (PTFE) to reduce friction.
Trash Racks machines are intended to remove trash material from the Racks, which blocks the flow of water. There are different types of Trash Racks (TR):
- Mesh rotary drum (where maximum filtration is required)
- Band (a band crosses the flow, intercepts the foreign matter and discharge it in other place)
- Comb: piston moved, the comb removes foreign matter that obstructs the racks, and the mechanism could be fixed or can be moved across to cover the entire surface.
- Cable: composed with a cart cleaner (comb and jaw) and an upper Portico, vertical deployment unlimited , considering that the movement is guaranteed by wires and winches located in the Portico.
IIA designs and manufactures gantry cranes and special cranes over rails for: maintenance, gates operations, valves and other equipment. Most of the production of Cranes responds to special needs.
Gantry cranes has many load capacities (Tons) and may be equipped with winches of different load capacities (i.e. 160 -20 – 5 tons).
The IIA has engineering and technology capabilities to design and manufacture the following valves:
- Gate valve: the shutter in fully open position releases the flow area. Manufactured in steel up to DN1200-PN10
- Butterfly valve: with motion reducer, piston or counterweight. Manufactured up to DN3550, with counterweight (DN2400 and DN2600) and up to 25 and 40 bar pressure
- Check valve/ Non-return valve: used downstream for large pumping systems. Dimensions have been manufactured between DN800 – DN1000 and PN16 – PN25
- Howell Bunger valve: modulates the flow through a moving cone and reduces the free section. Manufactured up to DN1500 PN16
- Larner Johnson valve: sink valve and flow control used for the environmental flow. Manufactured up to DN700 PN10.
The stop logs are built by one or more horizontal elements, depending on the dimensions and weights to be obtained to move them. The stoplogs, are the barriers that are commonly used to facilitate the assembly of the Gates and other equipment located downstream (in dry conditions), in order to perform maintenance and provide security conditions for the personnel.
Normally one of the elements of the stoplogs are equipped with bypass valve, to allow the flooding of the compartments (at the end of the works), and then remove the elements with balanced load.
The stop logs composed of a single element can be moved with winches, lifting and pulling equipments. If it’s composed by more than one element, then is necessary to use an “expansion joint” engaging elements – from their storage to the positions within the guidelines.
i.e. Stoplog recently manufactured has 9×9 meters with 80 meters head, divided into 4 elements and another with 25 mca 9.7×13 meters divided into 5 elements.
Fabricated with plane profiles, separated from each and fixed in frames – according to the specifications of the client. Both are made with fixed panels anchored to the civil works and removable (a slip with wheels) through beam side guides and expansion joints.
For water purification plants, we made stainless steel Racks of 2.5x 6.0m, but in our experience with Dams, we have used galvanized steel, with 6.3×13.4m 10.0×5.2m dimensions.
The linings are made to waterproof and protect the civil works of the bottom outlets from the erosion, caused from the water-solids that could eventually damage the concrete and compromise the stability of the structures. One or more edges are connected with the bottom outlets which intercept the flow.
Linings are generally rectangular, with outer reinforcements, also with the function of concrete anchorage. IIA Tecnologías Especializadas has been made rectangular linings from 9.7mx4m to Ø3.75 m circular, draft-tubes of circular cross-section Ø4.60m to rectangular 10.50×2.50m
IIA designs, supplies and installs the panels and electrical control systems and monitoring that allow monitoring and management of electromechanical equipment (gates, valves, cranes, Trash Racks, etc …) according to the customer specifications and needs.
We always bring the state of the art technology and solutions in a wide range of possibilities from simple dashboards, even using PLC touch-screen electronics and control, which facilitates operations and human-machine interfaces.
The design and production capacity developed in the hydropower sector, has made possible the diversification of our products. IIA has capabilities to manufacture and assembly towers, bridges, structures, and many others.